Here is 2.5 Beta 5 with exciting new features. Help me testing this and post here your comments I asked you about advanced options in our installer, and you changed my mind 😛 I just changed our previous installer a little bit, hope you like it. I fully updated our gtk installer; I will do kommander advanced options on beta6. Help me testing this new GUI.
- New: IE Window title now shows IE version
- New: IE7 is now an option on GUI (using gtk)
- New: add icons to menu (uses XdgUtils)
- Improved: Inserting icons in Desktop uses XdgUtils too
- New: You can specify a preferred GUI using –gui gtk|kommander
- New: uninstaller (run: ./ies4linux –uninstall)
- Improved: –help is cleaner; there is also –full-help now
- Bug fix: No more Windows Update page when starting IE
- Bug fix: pygtk interface and non-utf8 locales (anyone can confirm?)
- Bug fix: temp files now created only at ~/.ies4linux
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
- This new installer has a few more strings that have to be translated. So, don’t expect a translated gui. I will update our translation system as soon as possible.
- I will design Kommander advanced GUI after I get your impressions about the gtk one.
- I need to know if pygtk issue with encoding is gone when using other locales.